Followers

Sunday 27 September 2015

There's a penguin in my cocoa

Hello friends and followers, I hope you are all well today.
I am a little snowed under with everything at the minute-so many things I need to get done and somehow these darker nights aren't helping me want to craft at all. Also it seems to be one of those times when life is getting in the way at the minute and I can't seem to get enough time for my blogging either so huge apologies if I haven't left comments in the past week-hopefully things will get better next week.
I sat and coloured an image by artificial light the other evening, thinking it went well with the papers and then when I looked at it the next morning by daylight it didn't look right at all!!
My card today is made with a really cute penguin image from The Paper Shelter-which was coloured by daylight luckily.
I coloured him with Promarkers and layered him with a scalloped die cut circle and some Dovecraft Christmas papers. The edging strip at the top and the little stocking were cut with dies I was sent from a magazine for helping with an article last year and the poinsetta was cut with my new die-I was thinking it would be smaller than this but I guess I can just about get away with the size it is. The sentiment is from a freebie set:


I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Crafting with Dragonflies #44-anything goes
Digi Designs -animals acting like humans
Crafty Friends #15 -pick a tune (we wish you a Merry Christmas)
Polkadoodles #39 -favourite shape card (square definitely)
Crafty Girls -anything goes
Aud Sentiments  #141-Christmas
Little Miss Muffett -(bingo) die, sentiment, glitter
Fab n Funky #274 -cute critters and/or Christmas
Papertake weekly -it will soon be here (Christmas)

Well thank you all so much for visiting today and for any comments left, I will try my best to get round and visit this evening.
Have a wonderful week and until next time.
Aloha
Andree x

11 comments:

  1. Hi Andree your card is totally adorable and oh so cute I love that Penguin image so much also the lovely card design a super make. I don't think you are alone with the lack of urge to craft especially with the nights getting darker, I am right there with you, lol, I have been deliberating for the last hour whether to do some crafting or blogging as I have been missing on and off over the last few months I thought I would give ago at the latter. Take care
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andree what a beautifully cute card I love the image and your design is wonderful.
    I agree with you and Lorraine with the dark night closing in as when it gets dark all I want t do is curl up with a coffee and not be crafting.

    Hugs Debs xxx
    {Debs Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Andree, I love the traditional colours :) I don't much care for the dark evenings either, I'm definitely a summer girl! I do love Halloween and Christmas but other than those I'd be happy to hibernate til about March :P

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog, and hope to see you again soon :)

    Tanya xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Christmas card...Thanks for joining Crafty Friends Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the bright reds & greens for your card. I know what you mean about life getting in the way! there's just not enough hours in a day sometimes....
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card, love the image and the details, thanks for playing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very cute Christmas card. Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafting with Dragonflies for our current challenge - see you back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely Christmas card. Love the colouring of that cute image and the cool card design. Thanks for joining in the fun with the Fab ‘n’ Funky crew this week. Love what you did for our "Cute Critters or Christmas' challenge. Hugs, Wends x Fab ‘n’ Funky DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Square cards are always a winner, thanks for sharing your favourite shape with us at polka doodles. Penny (Polkadoodles DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the lovely comments, it means such a lot and they are very much appreciated Andree x