Followers

Wednesday 27 May 2015

A little distressed

A very good evening to my friends and followers today I hope you are all well.
I am having a very busy half term and so far have been out every single day-so far I've done days out in London and Folkestone, and yesterday was a 6 mile walk around the coutryside at Faversham which was very lovely but also extremely tiring. Today we went to Ramsgate and Broadstairs and had a lovely sunny day with clear blue skies. A lovely long sit on the beach and dinner in a pub before heading home. Please forgive me if I don't manage to get round to leave comments so much this week as I'm finding it really difficult to keep up with everything while hubby's on holiday-he's one of these that just wants to be out and about ALL the time!!
I haven't had any time at all for crafting which I am missing but also think it's important to take a little break sometimes so am not beating myself up too much.
This card today was made for a friend at work's birthday and was my first attempt at using distress inks. I've seen them used so beautifully on a blogging friends page (Doreens Dream) and was so inspired to have a little go myself. I'm not sure it quite worked as planned but I was quite happy with my first attempt. I just think I need a lot more practice!!
I started out using Broken China and Dusty Concord inks by Tim Holz, blending them together over the front of the card. I then sprayed the front with water droplets and dabbed it dry which gave the circled effect on the front. I made a little tag and blended the two colours together again. I punched a few butterflies on the tag adding glitter and a gem to the front. The sentiment and corner image were from a freebie magazine set:


I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:

Creative Inspirations #315 -pastels
Tuesday Throwdown challenge #246-anything goes
Craft your Passion #263 -anything goes
Robyns Fetish #265-anything goes

Well thank you so much for stopping by today and for any comments you may wish to leave, I am going to try and visit everyone now!
Until next time.
Aloha
Andree x


9 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are having a fabulous week Andree, I agree - it is important to take a little break sometimes.
    Your card is gorgeous, the background colours look wonderful and I love the sentiment.
    Enjoy the rest of the week.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andree, Pretty card...you done a great job with the distress inks...love the sentiment...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is on beautiful card. I love the background paper and the font on the sentiment is very unique. Great Butterflies. Thank You for sharing with us over at The Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog.

    Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andree, this is a really pretty card. I love how you have tried something new for the background and it certainly looks very effective from where I am sitting!
    Such a lovely sentiment to base a card design on too. Thank you for sharing this with us this week at Creative Inspirations.
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous design Andree, love the pretty colour!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful card Andrée. I love the sentiment and background you've created. The colours are gorgeous.
    It sounds like you are having a fun week xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really lovely card. Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card and the sentiment is especially lovely....xx



















    {aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  9. so delicate and gorgeous :) Thanks for taking part in #263 challenge with Crafty Your Passion Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again! :)

    Kasia, Craft Your Passion DT
    www.artekatie.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the lovely comments, it means such a lot and they are very much appreciated Andree x