Followers

Tuesday 12 March 2013

Pink Easter Basket

Evening all
And wow, how cold has today been??? We had a little snow yesterday and this morning but it didn't last very long and wasn't enough to close school unfortunately!! I hope you have all managed to stay warm and dry wherever you are.
I have been very busy planning for our up-coming holiday and to be honest it can't get here quick enough now-I did feel very silly Monday after work buying shorts and tshirts with my son while it was   blizzarding outside!!
I have been asked by a teacher at school to make a wedding card and am struggling so much with it-I don't know if its just me but when someone asks me to make a card I worry so much that it'll be the right design-this one has been about three different ways and its still going to change!!
I spent most of Saturday making cards that other people had asked me for and was exhausted by the end of the day. This one was a requested one and I was asked for a pretty, soft coloured Easter card for a Nan. I had seen the sketch on the Friday Sketch challenge and loved it so thought I would follow that design.
I used an image I found a while ago but unfortunately I can't remember where it came from-so bad of me I know-I'm trying to be a bit more organised with my images!  I coloured it with my promarkers and used my First Edition Spring Drop papers. I finished off with a stamped sentiment and some adhesive pearls.


I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:

Friday Sketch challenge - sketch 38
Allsorts challenge 197 - Springtime
Bearly Mine challenge  77 - Easter
CRAFT challenge 197 - Easter/Spring
Crafty Sentiments challenge - Hello Spring
The Squirrel and the Fox challenge 39- Autumn or Spring

Well thank you for stopping by today, I hope you all enjoy the rest of your week.
Until next time.
Aloha
Andree xx



13 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Andree love that cute basket and yummy papers
    jacqui xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pretty card. I know the feeling when someone requests something in particular. I always panic that it won't be what the person wants and I always say please, please tell me if you don't like it. Happens every single time - I spend so long on each one working out an idea and then thinking oh is it right, what shall I change. Maybe it is just us, not having the confidence to just get on with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you're right Chrissy, I think it is a confidence thing and I always say the same but at the back of my head I always think well I'm sure they wouldn't like to say even if they didn't like it-what are we like???x

      Delete
  3. Oh this is so pretty Andree and I love the papers! Yep I get the same feelin making requested cards, I spend hours and hours for a couple of quid, most of the time I just say NO now!!( I am so mean)LOl! hugs, Karenxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is gorgeous Andree. I love the image and such pretty papers.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely and thanks for joining us over at Allsorts this week
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty Easter card...love the papers..Julieannex

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely Andrée. The Easter basket and papers are wonderful.
    I think we all doubt ourselves sometimes but, if people don't like your style of cards, they wouldn't ask you to make one for them x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for playing along with our challenge at allsorts this week. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there Andree. Love the sweet image and lovely papers .
    Am browsing your blog and love your style
    Hugs Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a gorgeous spring card - Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments ths week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine, Good luck and hope you will join us again
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty, I'm sure the recipient will adore it! I get really nervous when I'm asked to make a card for someone, too, I feel such a sense of responsibility! But I really don't think you have anything to worry about! Your papers and design are lovely, and the Easter basket is so cute! Thanks for joining in at The Squirrel and the Fox!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the lovely comments, it means such a lot and they are very much appreciated Andree x