Followers

Wednesday 17 September 2014

Autumn Faye on Toadstool

Hello all, I hope you are well.
I am having quite an emotional week as my daughter moved out yesterday, I thought I was prepared for it but once it arrived I felt really choked up. I feel like she was a newborn, I blinked, and then suddenly she's all grown up and she's moving away!
Anyway, I think I have been crafting lots lately to try and keep my mind off it all. This card I made as I had coloured the image quite a while ago and found it recently when I was sorting through some of my images. I have seen lots of challenges lately for autumn shades so thought it was about time I made her into a card.
I used a digi stamp called Faye on Toadstool from Pink Gem and she was one of the first digi images I owned. I had coloured her in autumny shades so went through my papers and came across my Wild Rose Studio Milton pack which I thought went quite well with her colours.  I followed the sketch over at Sketch Saturday and cut a patterned edge with my scissors ( I have a drawer full of different scissors so must try to use them more!)
I punched and layered some little hearts to carry on the theme on her dress and added a wooden heart from Hobbycraft. I glittered her little hair bow and added glossy accents to her shoe bells - it's not so easy to see that on the photo though. A paper flower from the pound shop (I changed the colour of the gem in the middle though) finished it off-hope you like it.




I would like to enter her into the following challenges;

Sketch Saturday - sketch # 327
Faery Ink Designs  challenge # 1- fairies
Sparkles challenge # 60- things with wings
The Cutie Pie Challenge # 78- cute with shades of autumn
Melonheadz - autumn colours
Whoopsi Daisy Challenge -colours of autumn
Crafty Sentiments - autumn colours
Passion for Promarkers challenge # 265- make it digital
Crafting for all Seasons challenge # 86- colours of autumn

Thank you so much for stopping by today. Have a good rest of the week-not long now till the weekend!!.

Until next time.

Aloha
Andree x


18 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Andree. I love the sweet image and such beautiful colours.
    Awww I really feel for you missing your daughter. I am dreading my children leaving home, it's bad enough when they return to school and college after the holidays!
    Take care
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andree a beautiful autumn toned card...cute image. I miss my kids too they are in other states of Australia and over 18 hrs drive away so know how you feel.xxx ♥aNNie
    The Journey is the Start



    ReplyDelete
  3. Andree I also want to thank you for joining in our challenge Colours of Autumn in these two challenges...aNNie
    {Crafting For All Seasons DT Member}

    AND



    {Whoopsie Daisy DT Member}



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is adorable.....such a sweet image and the colours are perfect for our "shades of autumn" challenge

      Thank you for playing along with the cuties xx

      Delete
  4. I felt the same when our eldest Son moved out and I had to keep reminding myself that he'd found love and was happy, so that made me happy too!! Love your gorgeous autumn inspired card and am so glad you've joined The Cutie Pies this time. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card Andrée, the colours and image are wonderful.
    I wish your daughter well in her new venture xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our children grow up in the blink of an eye for sure Andree. Your card is lovely and keep crafting its so therapeutic!
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute and very sweet card. It's Lovely. cute image too. Thanks for joining my digital challenge over at PFP this weeek.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute image and beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining us at Crafting For All Seasons. Hugs, Carol S. DTx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely colouring and perfect colour coordination on this pretty card. I am sorry I am a little late stopping by to thank you for joining in with our challenge at Sketch Saturday last week. We would love to see what you come up with this week too. Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a sweet card! thank you for sharing it with us over on the pfp challenge blog
    hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a delightful,sweet card and image.Love the softer Autumnal colours,they're so pretty.Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x (GDT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A gorgeous card. Lovely image and colours.
    Thanks for joining this weeks challenge at Passion for Promarkers
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love the colors you used in this card. So soft and still lively =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely cards, thanks for joining us over at Sparkles this month & good luck!
    hugs Jo x
    Dt
    ps - I have candy, would love you to enter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have created such a lovely autum project! I love all that little details! Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is lovely, gorgeous colour scheme. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.
    Hugs Helen P (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a great card. Love the mix of pattern papers and the image is so cute.

    Thank you for playing along with our challenge at Sparkles Monthly Challenge. Good luck!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the lovely comments, it means such a lot and they are very much appreciated Andree x